2017 Spring Hydrant Flushing ScheduleClick on the Hydrant Flushing Schedule link to your left to see where we are flushing. This page is updated daily.
Spring Flushing is completed as of 6/21/2017
2016 Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) Available Online
Click on the 2016 annual drinking water quality report under Quick Links to the right for the most recent information on Westford's public water quality.
Drought Status in Massachusetts and Outdoor Water Use Restrictions in Westford
As of May 11, 2017:
The Northeast Region of Massachusetts is no longer under drought conditions.
As all drought indices have fully recovered, Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Matthew Beaton has declared that drought conditions have returned to normal in the northeast region of Massachusetts.
Starting May 1:
The Westford Water Department will institute voluntary outdoor water use restrictions. During this time we ask our customers to follow the odd/even outdoor water use schedule, and only water between 6:00 pm and 9:00 am (when evapotranspiration rates are lower).
The odd/even schedule allows us to better control demand during the warmer months. Watering when evapotranspiration rates are lower increases the effectiveness of watering and thereby reduces usage.
Online Bill Pay Service Provider for Water Bill Payments
City Hall Systems is the Online Bill Pay Service Provider for the Westford Water Department. Some helpful features are described below:
- Paying out of your checking account by ACH E-Check is free for Water Bill payments.
- Payment by Debit or Credit Card is subject to credit card company fees based on a percentage of the amount being paid, with a minimum fee of $3. For this reason we strongly recommend using ACH E-Check to avoid all fees.
- Customers can pay as a guest or they can establish a user account.
- Customers who establish a user account will gain access to some great features; payment scheduling, payment history inquiry and new to Westford - E-Billing.
- We are pleased to offer E-Billing to our customers. You may sign up to receive your bill via Email only (E-Billing), or to have your bill delivered via Email and U.S. Mail (E-Notice). Once signed up, you will receive a notice by email each quarter.
View additional information on to the bill pay system, by visiting the City Hall Systems website.
Water Bill Calculator
Want to know how your water bill is calculated - or check your water usage? Click on the link below to access our Water Bill Calculator. Simply enter the requested information to calculate your bill and determine your water usage. View the Water Bill Calculator or learn how to read your water meter by viewing the February 2011 Water Department InFLOWmation Newsletter (PDF).
Northeast & Merrimack Valley Chemical Consortium
The Westford Water Department is the host community for the fiscal year 2017/2018 Northeast and Merrimack Valley Chemical Consortium (NEMVCC). The NEMVCC is a collaborative of 58 water and wastewater systems in northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire that solicits bids annually for water and wastewater laboratory supplies, treatment chemicals, and services. Learn more and visit the NEMVCC website for more information.
The 2017-2018 bid results are posted on the NEMVCC website.
Service Line Insurance
Periodically our customers get calls from companies offering water service line insurance. We would like our customers to know that the Westford Water Department does not endorse any service line insurance product or company, and we recommend exercising due diligence before making a decision to purchase insurance. Before considering purchasing service line insurance you may want to check with your home insurance company-as some policies do offer some coverage for service line repairs or replacement.