Downgrade of Drought Conditions to Level 1-Mild Drought for Northeast Massachusetts
With northeast Massachusetts recently experiencing meaningful precipitation, Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Beth Card declared on November 14 a downgrade from Level 2 Significant to Level-1 Mild Drought for the Northeast Region of the state. Click on the Massachusetts Drought Alert for details.
Accordingly, Westford's Outdoor water use restrictions are no longer in effect.
New Water Conservation Website
We are pleased to announce a new water conservation website created by Westford Academy student Rohita Krishnakamur. The website was put together as part of a Girl Scout Gold Award Project, which is designed to address a root cause of a timely and important issue. For some great information on water conservation please visit the new website: https://westfordwater.wixsite.com/waterconservation
Have a question or comment for the Water Department?
You can call us at 978-692-5529 or leave an email by clicking on the "Email" link on the upper right hand side of the page.
Water Department projects link
Information on current Water Department projects can be found by clicking on the 'Water Department Projects' link to the left, and then clicking on the project of interest.
Online Bill Pay Service Provider for Water Bill Payments
City Hall Systems is the Online Bill Pay Service Provider for the Westford Water Department. Some helpful features are described below:
- Paying out of your checking account by ACH E-Check is free for Water Bill payments.
- Payment by Debit or Credit Card is subject to credit card company fees based on a percentage of the amount being paid, with a minimum fee of $3. For this reason we strongly recommend using ACH E-Check to avoid all fees.
- Customers can pay as a guest or they can establish a user account.
- Customers who establish a user account will gain access to some great features; payment scheduling, payment history inquiry and new to Westford - E-Billing.
- We are pleased to offer E-Billing to our customers. You may sign up to receive your bill via Email only (E-Billing), or to have your bill delivered via Email and U.S. Mail (E-Notice). Once signed up, you will receive a notice by email each quarter.
View additional information on to the bill pay system, by visiting the City Hall Systems website.
Water Bill Calculator
Want to know how your water bill is calculated - or check your water usage? Click on the link below to access our Water Bill Calculator. Simply enter the requested information to calculate your bill and determine your water usage. View the Water Bill Calculator or learn how to read your water meter by viewing the February 2011 Water Department InFLOWmation Newsletter (PDF).
Service Line Insurance
Periodically our customers get calls from companies offering water service line insurance. We would like our customers to know that the Westford Water Department does not endorse any service line insurance product or company, and we recommend exercising due diligence before making a decision to purchase insurance. Before considering purchasing service line insurance you may want to check with your home insurance company-as some policies do offer some coverage for service line repairs or replacement.