Electric Aggregation Program
Westford Power Options Program is an electricity supply program organized by the Town of Westford. With Westford POP, National Grid continues to deliver electricity, repair poles and outages and manage all electricity billing. The only change is the source and options for your electricity supply, which are chosen by the town.
On the Westford POP website masscea.com/westford, residents, business owners, and other ratepayers can:
● Learn how the program works;
● Get current information on program rates and how they compare to NationalGrid’s Basic Service rates;
● Easily enroll (opt-in) or unenroll (opt-out) in the Westford POP;
● Read about the benefits of supporting renewable energy included in our region;
● Read the aggregation plan and other program documents.
Please keep in mind that future savings cannot be guaranteed because National Grid Basic Service rates change every six months for residential and commercial customers and every three months for industrial customers. Eligible customers will receive an opt-out letter package detailing the program and ways to leave the program (opt out); those who choose not to opt out will be automatically enrolled.
Customers who have chosen a third-party supplier will not receive an opt-out package. They can voluntarily join the program but they may be subject to penalties or early termination fees from the third-party supplier if they switch to the electricity aggregation program during the term of their contract with their chosen supplier.
Contract start date: January 1, 2021
Contract end date: December 31, 2023
Now is a Great Time to Sign Up for Westford Power Options Program and Lower Your Electric Bill!
The Westford Power Options Program is a program offered by the Town to provide residents and businesses with more electricity supply options and to keep electricity rates stable and competitive*. New National Grid rates make Westford Power Options Program a better option than ever! National Grid rates increased more than 5¢/kWh on November 1 for residential customers. This would cost an average household an additional $30/month for the Supply Services portion of their electricity bill (assumes 600 kWh per month).
*Required disclaimer from the Department of Public Utilities: Future savings cannot be guaranteed because future National Grid rates (beyond April 2022) are unknown.
You can enroll on the Westford Power Options Program website MassCEA.com/Westford.
All you need is your Account Number and Customer Name Code, both found on your National Grid bill. You can check if you are already enrolled in the Westford Power Options Program program by looking at your bill: in the Supply Services section, the Supplier should be “Constellation - Westford”.
You can use the calculator to compare the rates on the Westford Power Options Program website MassCEA.com/Westford. You can also opt into POP Gold 100% ($0.13695/kWh) and have 100% of your electricity come from a renewable resources in our region!
The Westford Power Options Program options are:
POP Silver 50%
POP Gold 100%
January 2021 - December 2023
Click HERE to sign up for the town's electric aggregation program.
- Assignment Letter From Coned Sol to Constellation legal notice - May 2017
- Public Power Electric Aggregation Contract
- New Electricity Supplier Information - January 2018
- Constellation - Change in Law Notice - 11.16.2020
- Electric Service Agreement with Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.
- Memo from Attorney Holland Opinion RE Electric Aggregation Program Price Increase
- Memo from Good Energy RE Constellation NewEnergy Price Change Notice
- Press Release RE Rate Increase - September 14, 2018
- Westford Opt-Out Letter, April 2019
- Westford pop blast October 2023