Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
As of Monday, July 1, 2019, residential and municipal recycling in Westford will be picked up by Waste Management. Please review the information. These rules will be strictly enforced and non-compliance will result in curbside rejection of your recycling with an explanatory sticker.
· Mandatory Recycling: On recycling weeks, a resident’s trash will not be picked up if they have no recycling container at curbside when trash is picked up.
· Pick up: Recycling and trash must be at the curb no later than 7:00 am.
· Holidays: Recycling and trash pickups will be delayed by one day on the week of certain holidays. Consult the 2019-2020 Recycling Guide or www.westfordma.gov/recycling for holiday information.
· Separation: Recycling and trash must be separated - either side of the driveway is best - and clearly marked.
· EMPTY. CLEAN. DRY: Empty all liquids, clean out any food residue, and ensure the material is dry before placing in curbside recycling bins/toters.
· Single Stream: Recycling can be commingled. Bottles, cans, plastics, paper, and cardboard can be mixed together.
· Cardboard: Cardboard must be flattened and cut into sizes no greater than 3 x 3 foot sections.
· No Plastic Bags: Recyclables in plastic bags set out at curbside will be rejected. No plastic bags are allowed inside recycling bins/toters.
· No Styrofoam: Recycling bins/toters set out at curbside with Styrofoam will be rejected.
· Trash Limit: There is a limit of three containers/bags of trash at curbside. Recycling in its proper form is unlimited.
· Toters: Recycling will be accepted in the yellow/black or green toters and other acceptable recycling bins/toters.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this transition. Should you encounter an issue, please call Waste Management at 1-800-972-4545. If your question is not answered, please call Town Manager's Office at 978-692-5501, extension #1.
Westford follows MA state guidelines as described on the Recycle Smart website. For what is recyclable, consult the Recyclopedia www.recyclesmartma.org.