Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
National Grid and NEUCO will be performing infrastructure upgrades in the area of 57 to 113 Plain Road; 1 to 9 Carolina Lane, Westford, MA.
Date: On or about June 12, 2017
Completion time: Approximately August 15, 2017
Construction days and hours: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Saturday.
What you can expect during construction.
Typical natural gas main replacement and service construction includes:
• Marking out underground utilities within the project scope area (e.g., water, sewer, gas, electric, etc)
• Excavation of the street and laying of new gas main
• Relaying National Grid customer’s individual gas services and connecting those services to the new main
• Meters will need to be relocated to the outside of the home or business.
• Temporary or permanent restoration of disturbed areas in accordance with the town ordinance
Visit ngrid.com/mainline to view a video about the gas main replacement process on YouTube.
We’ll contact you when we are ready to connect your gas service to the new natural gas main.
A representative from National Grid or the contractor crew will reach out to the affected homes and businesses at least 24-48 hours in advance to scheduling the work. Every National Grid employee and contractor doing work for us are required to carry ID. For the crew to connect your gas service to the new main, they will need access to your home and appliances. Typical service line work will take one business day and during this time you will experience a temporary interruption of natural gas service. When the work is complete, a gas technician will be dispatched to turn on your gas meter relight your gas appliances. Visit ngrid.com/serviceline to view an example of this process.
We’re here for you if you have any questions about the project. Please call us at 781-907-3804. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Walter F. Fromm