If you are receiving this email it means you recently contacted the Cameron seeking information. We send out approx. 2 emails per week with new information as we learn it. Please find below a summary of the last few emails that went out last week.
Please know that there are approx. 1500 residents 75+ in town. The Health Dept does not know how many vaccines they will be receiving and when. They expect to only get 100 at a time so it could be several weeks before everyone gets vaccinated by the Health Dept. You are welcome to wait or to seek an alternative site in the state. When we have vaccines in town there will be a link to go on to make an appointment. That link will be sent out as soon as we are aware of it. It will also be posted on social media, our website, facebook etc. The link will be only for Westford residents 75 and older at this time.
Getting a Vaccine for 75 years or older, Phase 2, priority group 1, starting Feb. 1st:
- If you are eligible: use www.mass.gov/COVIDVaccineMap to find a vaccine clinic near you. More sites to be added weekly.
- Bob, one of our staff, has created an excellent video on how to navigate the COVID map and you can click on it here to have a demonstration. Be sure to turn your volume on. https://www.facebook.com/CameronSeniorCenter/posts/3800677619954170
- Whittier Rehab in Bradford, Ma has a WAIT list for people that live within 30 minutes of their location (google says its 29 minutes from Westford) for when people don’t show up for their vaccination so the shot does not go to waste. https://www.whittierhealth.com/covid-vaccine-clinics/
- Many folks have had success getting appointments at Gillette Stadium and Danvers Doubletree Hotel. www.mass.gov/COVIDVaccineMap
- Some have found the website www.maimmunizations.org easier to navigate. Please be sure you have an “s” on the end of immunizations because supposedly hackers have created a fake site without the ‘s”.
- If you go to the town website www.westfordma.gov you will see on the main page icons. One says “notify me”. If you click on that, then add your email address and scroll down you can receive alerts from different sites in town. Under “news flash’ you can click on wanting alerts for COVID immunization updates. Many of these updates will come from the Health dept.
- We’ve heard that folks who are patients at the following hospitals are receiving links for appointments: Lowell General, Brigham & Women, and Lahey. Emerson hospital sent an email this week saying they will be reaching out to their patients by mid Feb.
- Jeff Stevens, the Director of the Westford Health Dept. released this CATTV video. Simply click on the link, turn up your volume and hear from the Health Dept. https://www.westfordcatnews.org/2021/01/video-westford-health-director-details-covid-19-phase-2-vaccinations/
- You can now search on the Mass COVID map by zip code for nearest sites to 01886. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccination-locations#find-a-location-using-the-zip-code-search-
- The state has added 2-1-1 as a phone number you can dial if you need assistance. More on that here: https://mass211.org/
- Veterans can get vaccines at the VA in Bedford. Call 781-687-4000
We are confident more sites will be offering vaccines in the next few weeks. We anticipate local pharmacies will also be setting up clinics.
As we hear more we will do our best to keep you informed. If you want to removed from this list at anytime just let me know.
Annette Cerullo, LSW
Westford Council on Aging
20 Pleasant Street