Bulk Items & Policy
Bulk items are items that are not reusable, will not fit in a trash barrel (longer than 4 feet), are over 50 pounds (too heavy for a barrel), and difficult for one person to lift. They must be items that are not banned from the trash, and they must be burnable (flammable), as they are going to the incinerator.
Bulk Items Include
- Entertainment centers (less the electronics)
- Mattress with box springs (Note: Mattress and box springs count as 1 item and require only one sticker)
- Carpeting cut into 4 feet lengths (1 bulk sticker is needed for every 5 rolls of carpeting)
- No lead paint
- Pressure or creosote-treated
- Oil painted
- Burnable Construction Waste - small home-improvement amounts only - not large amounts from major construction.
- No sheet rock
- Roofing tiles
- Oil based paint
Bulk Item Policy
Bulk items that fit the descriptions and conditions above, can be placed in the trash and must display a Curbside Bulk Waste Collection Sticker per Town of Westford trash policy. With a bulk item sticker attached to the item, the trash hauler will pick the item up on your regular trash day.
Curbside Bulk Waste Collection Stickers may be purchased for $5 each and at the following locations:
Town Clerk - Westford Town Hall.
Tedeschi - 103 Main Street or 64 Brookside Road.
Market Basket - 106 Littleton Road.
Nab's One Stop Shop - 60 Brookside Road.
Ace Hardware - 527 Groton Road.
Town Convenience- 221 Groton Road.
Bulk Items Not Collected with Trash
Electronics, appliances and larger metal objects are bulk items that are not collected with trash. There is a separate monthly curbside collection on the third Saturday for appliances, electronics and metal such as exercise equipment and swing sets, lawn mowers and grills. The Westford Town Clerk accepts the $30 payment and arranges pickup by calling the Town Clerk at 978-692-5515. The town also holds drop-off electronics collections over the course of the year.
Bulk items for special pickup or arrangements are list as follows:
- Appliances include:
- Air conditioners
- Vacuum cleaners
- Electronics include:
- Computer equipment
- Laptops and towers
- Displays - flat screen and CRTs
- Stereos and speakers
- Sinks, tubs and toilets can also be collected on the 3rd Saturday for a fee if arranged by the Town Clerk
- For payment, cash/check accepted, credit cards are not accepted. If residents are unable to visit the Town Clerk's office, they may mail a check to:
- Town Clerk
55 Main Street
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a curbside collection sticker will be mailed back.
- Town Clerk