Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Westford Cultural Council is responsible for disbursing funds received from the Massachusetts Cultural Council to local cultural and artistic activities. The Council review proposals and grants funds to local applicants for a variety of projects that benefit Westford citizens.
The Westford Cultural Council is part of a network of 329 Local Cultural Councils serving all 351 cities and towns in the Commonwealth. The LCC Program is the largest grassroots cultural funding network in the nation, supporting thousands of community-based projects in the arts, sciences, and humanities every year. The state legislature provides an annual appropriation to the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, which then allocates funds to each community.
Be Heard! You can help determine funding priorities for 2019-2020!
MCC requires the Westford Cultural Council to set its annual funding priorities before the start of each year’s grant cycle in September. We’re looking for Westford residents of all ages to help us set our priorities for the 2019-2020 grant cycle, and we’re looking to learn more about the community we serve. You can help by filling out our Westford Cultural Council Community Input Survey by June 30, 2019.
Logo Contest for High School and College Students: $200 Award!
The WCC is looking for a new logo, and we’re looking to our artistic high school and college community to help us out! The winner will receive a $200 award!
How the Logo will be Used:
The logo will become the property of the Westford Cultural Council and be used on the WCC website, social media accounts, press releases, and other promotional materials.
Logo Design Contest Rules:
- All current high school and college students who are residents of Westford are eligible to participate.
- The logo submission must be in .PNG file format. Any software program may be used to create the design.
- The logo MUST include “Westford” and “Cultural Council” in the logo design.
- The logo should be versatile enough to be used on a website, brochures, stationary, press releases, etc. Make sure the logo is recognizable when resized and will look good in black and white.
- No copyrighted or trademarked images should be included in submissions.
- Logo designs must be submitted to Westford Cultural Council no later than 6:00 p.m. Friday, May 31, 2019.
The members of the Westford Cultural Council will determine the winning logo design. All entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Artwork’s relevance and clarity in design
- Overall creativity and concept
- Visual appeal / impact
The logo design should be electronically submitted on an 8.5x11” page along with the following information:
- Contact Information
- Westford mailing address
- Email address
- Grade and School Name
- Information about the Logo Design (Description of what the logo signifies or the meaning behind your design)
Submissions should be emailed to WestfordCulturalCouncil@gmail.com by 6:00pm on Friday, May 31, 2019.
Winners will be notified by August 31, 2019.
- Find out more about the Westford Cultural Council's grant application process, or information about recent grant recipients.
- Find out how to advocate for the arts through the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
- You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.