- 7:00 PM
- 2nd Thursday evening of every month
- No meetings are held in August and December
- Roudenbush Community Center
65 Main Street
Westford, MA 01886.
Issues with trash, please call: ACME Waste Systems (781) 935-6339: Mon-Fri 8AM - 4PM
Issues with recycling, please call: Republic Services (800) 442-9006: Mon-Fri 8AM - 5PM
Hours and Notes:
Please call the phone number(s) above. If your issue is not resolved within 24 hours, contact the Town Manager's Office at (978) 692-5501.
NOTE: Trash barrel 35 gallon max size, limit 3 barrels. Please do not put plastic bags in recycling bins or toters, or recycle items in plastic bags as these bags will jam the recycling sorting machines. Thank you, the Westford Recycling Commission
New Recycling Vendor
As of Friday, July 1, residential and municipal recycling in Westford will be picked up by Republic Services. It has been many years since the town has changed vendors. Please review the following information:
- Recycling and trash must be at the curb no later than 7 a.m. for pick up.
- Recycling and trash pickups will be delayed by 1 day, the week of July 4 holiday and other holidays.
- Recycling and trash must be separated (either side of the driveway is best) and clearly marked.
- Recycling in plastic bags will be rejected.
- Cardboard must be flattened and cut into sizes no greater than 3 feet by 3 feet.
- Please continue to use existing yellow and black IPR toters (owned by the Town) and other acceptable recycling bins and toters.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this transition. Should you encounter an issue, please call Republic Services at 1-800-442-9006. If your question is not answered, please contact Project and Procurement Specialist, Greg Johnson by email.
Westford Recycling and Trash Statistics
Within the fiscal year 2015, between July 2014 to June 2015, Westford had a decrease of 543.3 tons of trash in fiscal year 2015, a 6.9% reduction, resulting in a savings of $36,946.44 compared to the previous year. Recycling tonnage decreased by 87.4 tons or 2.9% over the same period. The overall trend for trash tonnage shows a reduction in trash generation by residents whereas the recycling data shows a positive trend with an increase of recycling activity over the last 10 years. The current tipping fee per ton of trash is $68. For additional information view the Trends in Westford Recycling Efforts (PDF).
May 2016 Electronics & More Event Statistics
36,811 pounds of electronic devices, 43,841 pounds of mixed metals and light iron, and 13,010 pounds of TVs and monitors. This is a total of 93,662 pounds overall, simply fantastic and a 2.4% increase from our last event in September 2015. Thank you to all residents for reducing, reusing, and recycling.