|Date||Event||Voter Registration Deadline|
|Saturday, March 25, 2017
|Annual Town Meeting
|Friday, March 3, 2017
|Tuesday, May 2, 2017
7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
|Annual Town Election||Wednesday, April 12, 2017
|Monday, October 2017
|Special Town Meeting Abbot School
||10 days prior to special town meeting|
Register to Vote
- To not belong to any political party, a Massachusetts voter must be registered as "Unenrolled," not "United Independent."
- Register online and save time, visit the Massachusetts Secretary of State website.
- If you wish you may download a Mail-In Voter Registration Form (PDF).
If you will be 18 on or before the next election, you are a U.S. citizen and you live in Westford, you are eligible to register to vote in Westford. Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk's Office, J.V. Fletcher Library and online. You may register to vote in person at any city or town clerk's office, by mail or at the Registry of Motor Vehicles (online transactions at the Registry do not enable you to register to vote).
Currently the voter registration deadline is 20 days before an election. If you are 17-years old, beware, you may register while you are still 17 if you will be 18 on or before election day, but you must register at least 20 days before the election. If you become a U.S. citizen after the voter registration deadline and you register to vote before 4 p.m. on the day before the election, you are specially qualified to vote in that election.
- Find your election information and view ballots for state and federal elections through the Massachusetts Secretary of State website.
- To view the voting precincts in Westford, view the Polling Locations in Westford (PDF).
- View Precinct Maps for Westford.
- Learn how to apply for an absentee ballot, through the Massachusetts Secretary of State.
- View sample ballots for local elections.
- View the Federal Voting Assistance Program, voting help for Uniformed Service Members, their families, and citizens living outside the U.S.
- Be sure to be involved with elections and view the Work at the Polls (PDF).
Learn more about candidates, campaign finance information, filings and more through the Candidate Information page.