Veterans Services Department
WESTFORD * MEMORIAL DAY * 2020
A SPECIAL TV PROGRAM
With traditional events cancelled due to the pandemic, Westford Veterans Services and Westford CAT have created a special TV program to honor our veterans.
Please tune in to Westford CAT (Verizon 35, Comcast 8 on Memorial Day, Monday, MAY 25 at 1pm.
Rerun May 27 (1pm), May 29 (1pm) and various times in June. Posted on Westford CAT’s YouTube channel and the Video On Demand library at http://www.westfordcat.org
The Town of Westford's Veterans Services Department's mission is to honor and serve veterans and their families. By serving as their principal advocate, we are ensuring that they receive the care, support and recognition earned in service to their country.
The department advises residents as to the availability of federal and state services and benefits to which they are entitled to. In addition, the department provides financial assistance to qualifying veterans, surviving spouses and their dependents.
We offer the following assistance:
- Navigating VA Benefits
- Financial Aid and/or Assistance
- Medical Expenses Assistance
- Burial Assistance
- Cemetery Markers and Flags
- Locating Military/Discharge records
Important Phone Numbers
- Veterans Crisis Line - 800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000: For information about: Burial, Disability, Education, Home Loan, Life Insurance, Medical Care, Sexual Trauma
- VA Caregiver Support Line: (are you caring for a veteran at home?)
- VA Direct Deposit Enrollment/Changes: 877-838-2778
- VA Education (GI Bill): 888-442-4551
- VA Gulf War/Agent Orange Helpline: 800-749-8387
- VA Health Care Bedford - 800-838-6331 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Boston - 800-865-3384 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Benefits: 877-222-8387
- VA Income Verification and Means Testing: 800-929-8387
- VA Life Insurance: 800-669-8477
- VA Mammography Helpline: 888-492-7844
- VA Pension Management Center: 877-294-6380
- VA Status of Headstones and Markers: 800-697-6947
- VA Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 800-829-4833
- How do I Get a Veterans ID Card?
- Who do I call for transportation to my VA medical appointment?
- Can I get hearing aids or glasses from the VA?
- How do I get a cemetery marker for a veteran?
- Am I eligible for financial aid? Can I get help with my medical bills?
- How can I support veterans and active duty service members?
- Do you qualify for a utility or telephone discount?
- I have a Service Connected Disability rating from the VA, what am I entitled to?