Veterans Services Department
Memorial Day 2021
"Good afternoon. Westford will be holding a limited in-person ceremony for Memorial Day this year on Sunday May 30th, 2021. The ceremony will take place on the town common at approximately 12:00pm, right after the Honor Roll. Social distancing and masks will be required and there will be no parade this year.
In addition to the in-person ceremony there will be a video tribute available that will be broadcasted in multiple locations. Over several months we have worked with Westford CAT to produce a personalized video to show the meaning of Memorial Day. On Memorial Day please remember the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country by visiting the graves of veterans here and elsewhere.
Thank you for your understanding.” – Ryan Cobleigh, Westford, Veteran’s Service Officer
The Town of Westford's Veterans Services Department's mission is to honor and serve veterans and their families. By serving as their principal advocate, we are ensuring that they receive the care, support and recognition earned in service to their country.
The department advises residents as to the availability of federal and state services and benefits to which they are entitled to. In addition, the department provides financial assistance to qualifying veterans, surviving spouses and their dependents.
We offer the following assistance:
- Navigating VA Benefits
- Financial Aid and/or Assistance
- Medical Expenses Assistance
- Burial Assistance
- Cemetery Markers and Flags
- Locating Military/Discharge records
Important Phone Numbers
- Veterans Crisis Line - 800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000: For information about: Burial, Disability, Education, Home Loan, Life Insurance, Medical Care, Sexual Trauma
- VA Caregiver Support Line: (are you caring for a veteran at home?)
- VA Direct Deposit Enrollment/Changes: 877-838-2778
- VA Education (GI Bill): 888-442-4551
- VA Gulf War/Agent Orange Helpline: 800-749-8387
- VA Health Care Bedford - 800-838-6331 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Boston - 800-865-3384 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Benefits: 877-222-8387
- VA Income Verification and Means Testing: 800-929-8387
- VA Life Insurance: 800-669-8477
- VA Mammography Helpline: 888-492-7844
- VA Pension Management Center: 877-294-6380
- VA Status of Headstones and Markers: 800-697-6947
- VA Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 800-829-4833
- How do I Get a Veterans ID Card?
- Who do I call for transportation to my VA medical appointment?
- Can I get hearing aids or glasses from the VA?
- How do I get a cemetery marker for a veteran?
- Am I eligible for financial aid? Can I get help with my medical bills?
- How can I support veterans and active duty service members?
- Do you qualify for a utility or telephone discount?
- I have a Service Connected Disability rating from the VA, what am I entitled to?