Veterans Services Department
On Friday, September 11, 2020, the town of Westford will host a remembrance event commemorating the 19th anniversary of the horrific attacks of that occurred on September 11th, 2001. Marking this important anniversary, the town will host the annual commemoration ceremony to honor the 2,977 men, women and children that lost their lives in the attacks at the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and aboard Flight 93.
The ceremony will take place on Friday, September 11, 2020 beginning at 9:55 a.m. EST, at the 9/11 memorial in the Public Safety Courtyard on the right side of the Town Hall, located at 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886.
We will be practicing social distancing guidelines and face coverings will be required to attend.
For additional information regarding this event, please contact Ryan Cobleigh, Veterans Service Officer, at email@example.com or by phone at 978-392-1170.
We hope you can join us for this special event.
The Town of Westford's Veterans Services Department's mission is to honor and serve veterans and their families. By serving as their principal advocate, we are ensuring that they receive the care, support and recognition earned in service to their country.
The department advises residents as to the availability of federal and state services and benefits to which they are entitled to. In addition, the department provides financial assistance to qualifying veterans, surviving spouses and their dependents.
We offer the following assistance:
- Navigating VA Benefits
- Financial Aid and/or Assistance
- Medical Expenses Assistance
- Burial Assistance
- Cemetery Markers and Flags
- Locating Military/Discharge records
Important Phone Numbers
- Veterans Crisis Line - 800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000: For information about: Burial, Disability, Education, Home Loan, Life Insurance, Medical Care, Sexual Trauma
- VA Caregiver Support Line: (are you caring for a veteran at home?)
- VA Direct Deposit Enrollment/Changes: 877-838-2778
- VA Education (GI Bill): 888-442-4551
- VA Gulf War/Agent Orange Helpline: 800-749-8387
- VA Health Care Bedford - 800-838-6331 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Boston - 800-865-3384 (follow the prompts)
- VA Health Care Benefits: 877-222-8387
- VA Income Verification and Means Testing: 800-929-8387
- VA Life Insurance: 800-669-8477
- VA Mammography Helpline: 888-492-7844
- VA Pension Management Center: 877-294-6380
- VA Status of Headstones and Markers: 800-697-6947
- VA Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 800-829-4833
- How do I Get a Veterans ID Card?
- Who do I call for transportation to my VA medical appointment?
- Can I get hearing aids or glasses from the VA?
- How do I get a cemetery marker for a veteran?
- Am I eligible for financial aid? Can I get help with my medical bills?
- How can I support veterans and active duty service members?
- Do you qualify for a utility or telephone discount?
- I have a Service Connected Disability rating from the VA, what am I entitled to?