The town manager's office is committed to being responsive, ethical, and transparent while providing quality, innovative and effective service to all town departments, federal and state agencies, the business community, and our residents at large. We foster and promote effective working relationships with all town employees, boards, committees, and commissions. We are committed to annually presenting a fiscally responsible operating budget that accomplishes the goals of the Board of Selectmen.
Function of the Town Manager
The Town Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the town, shall act as the agent for the board of selectmen and shall be responsible to said board for the proper operation of town affairs for which he is given responsibility under this act. Said town manager, under the policy direction of said board, shall supervise, direct and be responsible for the efficient administration of all officers appointed by him and their respective departments and of all functions for which he is given responsibility, authority or control by this act, by bylaw, by town meeting vote, or by vote of said board, view details from the Town Charter (PDF).
Board of Selectmen/Town Manager Goals
- 2016 Strategic Planning Retreat Final Report
- Economic Development Update Presented to Westford Business Association (PDF)
- League of Women Voters - A Guide to Town Meeting in Westford (PDF)
- State of the Town Presentation from 2015 Annual Town Meeting (PDF)
- Westford Business Association Presentation 03/10/15