About the Engineering Department
The Westford Engineering Department performs the following functions:
- Reviews various projects submitted to the Planning Department and oversees the construction of many of these projects.
- Provides engineering services to Departments and Committees in town including, but not limited to, the Planning Department, Highway Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Conservation Commission, Building Department, Town Clerk, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historical Commission, and Board of Health.
- Provides support to residents, businesses, contractors, consultants, and realtors.
- Stores, maintains, and updates public records, maps, and plans.
- Assists in the procurement of professional services for the Engineering Department as well as other town departments.
- Procures and manages numerous consultant services contracts and is responsible for reviewing, designing, bidding, overseeing, and inspecting of selected town construction contracts.
- Implements and manages the NPDES Stormwater Phase II program.
Engineering Department Mission Statement
The Engineering Department is committed to working with other departments to discover and identify infrastructure deficiencies that cause hardship, inconvenience or expense to the Town of Westford and its inhabitants, and will provide effective solutions that resolve or preclude those deficiencies.
- Unaccepted Roads List 2017
- Guidelines for Preparation of a Transportation Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Improvements to Roadways-Betterments (PDF)
- Street List (PDF)
- Unaccepted Roads Committee Final Report - 2012 (PDF)
- Unofficial Subdivision List (PDF)
- NMCOG Town Center Study - 2014 (PDF)
- Pavement Management Report
- 2017 - 2020 Pavement Management Plan
Oak Hill Road & Groton Road Intersection Improvements
Boston Road Conceptual Alternatives
Dunstable Road & Groton Road Intersection Improvements
- Road Safety Audit - Dunstable Road at Route 40
- Functional Design Report - Dunstable Road at Route 40
- Groton Road at Dunstable Conceptual - May 2017
- Notice of Intent (15M File - May Be Slow Download)
- Notice of Intent - Plans
- Right of Way Plans - February 2018
- MassDOT Design Public Hearing Notice
- Route 40 at Dunstable Road INDEX
- Route 40 at Dunstable Road CONSTRUCTION
- Route 40 at Dunstable Road TRAFFIC - UTILITY
- Route 40 at Dunstable Road DETAILS
- Route 40 at Dunstable Road CROSS SECTIONS