The Westford Police Department has a Safe and Secure Drop Box for unused or unwanted medications from your home.
By properly disposing of your unused, unwanted, or expired medications you are contributing to the safety and well-being of your family and our community.
|Safe and Secure Drop Off|
24 hours a day,7 days per week
Drop Box located in the Westford Police Department’s Lobby
53 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886
Directions for Disposal
- Remove medications (per the list below) from original containers and put them in an unmarked sandwich-sized zip-lock baggie.
- Throw original pill containers in your household trash.
- Bring baggie to kiosk in Police Department Lobby and dispose of in kiosk slot.
Approved Items: Pills or Capsules Only
- Medication Samples
- Prescription and Over-the-Counter
- Veterinary Medications
- Any Liquid Form of Any Medication: Liquid medications - save and bring to the next Drug Take Back Day
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- IV Bags
- Personal Care Products
- Thermometers and Mercury items: Mercury-containing thermometers, button batteries, thermostats, etc. can be brought to the Health Department, 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886. You may contact the Westford Health Department at (978) 692-5509.
- Needles or Any Medication in a Syringe: Needles and syringes can be disposed into the Sharps Kiosk found in the other lobby of the Police Department or in the Health Department.
The Health Department collects used sharps (syringes and lancets) from Westford residents only. Collection sites are at the Health Department located on the 2nd floor of Town Hall, or at the Kiosk located in the Police Department entry way. All materials must be delivered in a sharps container, and it is requested that containers are full before dropping them off. This will help avoid unnecessary costs pertaining to the disposal of the materials. No commercial businesses may use this service. Please follow these directions to ensure proper disposal of sharps containers:
- All sharps must be disposed of in a sharps container
- Do not leave any items outside the kiosk or office.
- If you do not have a personal sharps container, you may use a puncture-resistant container such as a one-gallon bleach/laundry bottle; a one-pound sealed and taped coffee can, or a 1.5-liter plastic soda bottle.
- No glass containers.
- No Loose Needles
- No plastic or paper bags.
You may contact the Westford Health Department at 978-692-5509.