- Parent Support Resources
Parent Support Resources
Parents Helping Parents
- Parenting isn't easy. Parents Helping Parents connect parents with parents in both virtual and community support groups to share challenges, express frustrations, and ask questions. Find the support and feedback you need to help yourself and your children.
- Handhold was created by a team of mental health and child development experts in partnership with parents who have gone through what you are going through. Their goal? To guide you in caring for your child’s mental health and emotional well-being.
- Family partners and parents of kids with similar experiences to yours told them what they wished they had known earlier in their journey. Mental health experts, including child psychiatrists, social workers, and psychologists, selected the most relevant and useful resources, which are shared on their site.
Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- The Town of Westford is covered by the Lowell DCF office. To report child abuse and neglect call 978-275-6800
- Become a foster parent - https://www.mass.gov/foster-care
Lowell Family Resource Center
- 27 Prescott Street Lowell 978-455-0701 www.nfima.org
NAMI Family Support Groups
- To find a local group : https://namimass.org/nami-family-support-groups/
- NAMI Family Support Groups are free groups for family members, friends, and other caregivers of people diagnosed with mental health conditions. Family Support Groups provide a nonjudgmental environment where caregivers can discuss concerns, learn about local resources, and benefit from one another’s collective knowledge and experience. Led by NAMI-trained facilitators who are also family members, they provide comfort, hope, and a sense of community.
- First Connections' mission is to equip parents with tools, practical strategies, and connections to other families and their communities to foster healthy parenting and guide them through the first years of the parenting journey.
- First Connections offers the First Year of Life program, Playgroups and Parent Education for families with children under the age of eight.
The Roudenbush Community Center, INC
- 65 Main Street, Westford 978-496-1707
- Early childhood offerings, at the Frost and Old Nab facilities, include infant, toddler, preschool and pre-kindergarten programs.
- Community Education programs are vast and include age appropriate art, music, pottery, language and sports classes for children and adults. Teen-focused offerings include video production, S.A.T. & ACT preparation classes, and college essay writing workshops. Programs and services run after school and in the evenings.
- Created by the Children's Trust, onetoughjob.org connects parents in Massachusetts and beyond with the latest and greatest parenting information, ideas, and on-the-ground resources. They also provide a bridge to help you find other moms and dads who have asked the same questions and faced similar challenges.