Road Map to Net Zero 2050
At Special Town Meeting, on October 17, 2020, a Climate Action Resolution, sponsored by Westford Climate Action, was passed by an almost unanimous vote. The resolution was "to resolve that, in response to the escalating climate crisis, Westford commits to take actions to promote clean energy and reduce fossil fuel use, including promoting energy efficient upgrades in all town facilities and in private homes and businesses and purchasing the highest percentage of clean, renewable energy in town contracts as feasible."
The resolution also resolved that the "The Select Board will charge a task force with studying and making recommendations for specific strategies for Westford to achieve the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ limit of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 with intermediate goals. The committee will provide a plan to the Select Board within 9 months of receiving its charge and it will report the town’s progress towards those goals annually at Town Meeting."
Developed by the Clean Energy and Sustainability Committee (CEASC)
The CEASC was charged by the Select Board with the responsibility of creating the Net Zero Road Map and Version 1 was published in November 2021.
The CEASC is currently meeting with Town boards, committees and community organizations to present the Roadmap and gather feedback. Please contact us for a presentation to your organization. We value your feedback. The Roadmap is a living document and will be updated on a regular basis. We will publish a presentation schedule in February 2022.
Westford Climate Roadmap Documents
- Westford Climate Roadmap V2
- Westford Sustainable Building Guidelines for Municipal Buildings
- Westford Sustainable Building Guidelines - Municipal
- Climate Roadmap Presentation Schedule
- Air-Source Heat Pump Guide
- Ground Source Heat Pump Guide
- Heat Pump Water Heater Guide
- Climate Survey Charts
- Climate Survey Results Summary
- Westford Climate Roadmap v1
- Annual Town Meeting Address 2021
- Westford's Greenhoouse Gas Inventory Summary
- Roadmap Q and A