COVID-19 Updates and Information
Updated November 23rd, 2021 The Westford Health Department is monitoring this situation very carefully and will update this page as new information becomes available. State Public Health Officials Announce New COVID-19 Variant Cases, Urge Continued Protective Measures here.
Active Case Count:
23rd November: 90
17th November: 71
3rd November: 41
28th October: 51
Call 211 for help booking appointments! Receive text/email updates, and more:
- Text COVIDMA to 888-777 for up to date information from the State.
- Call 2-1-1 or search online for non-emergency questions and help. It’s free, confidential and multilingual.
- The Lowell General Hospital vaccine site is closing in its present format at 1001 Pawtucket Blvd. on June 15th and it will reopen at the Chest and Immunization Center located at Lowell General- Saints Campus on Tuesday June 22nd. Please see the flier above for more information. Other vaccine sites can be found by using this search tool. https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/
- Mental Health Resources
- Call the Westford Health Department at (978) 692-5509
COVID-19 is a new respiratory (lung) disease, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that has not previously been seen in humans.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact (within 6 feet) or direct contact with a person with COVID-19
- When someone with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, sings, talks, or breathes they produce respiratory droplets. The virus can be transmitted through exposure to the droplets when a a person is in contact with someone who is infected
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and include:
- Fever, chills or shaking chills
- Signs of a lower respiratory illness (cough, shortness of breath, lowered oxygen saturation)
- Fatigue, sore throat, headache, body aches/myalgia, or new loss of sense of taste or smell
- Less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), rash, and inflammatory conditions
- Elderly, chronically ill, or debilitated individuals, symptoms of COVID-19 may be subtle such as alterations in metal status or in blood glucose control
If you develop symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider and a test site near you to schedule a test. You can also check your symptoms online here.
For a list of facilities that perform COVID-19 testing, please visit: COVID-19 Test Site Locator Map.
Regulations and Preventative Guidance:
Effective May 29: The Commonwealth’s mask order is rescinded. The Department of Public Health has issued a new mask advisory consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidance. Masks are still mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, MBTA, Commuter Rail and transportation stations), in healthcare facilities and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
The Department of Public Health issued a public health advisory effective May 29 that advises all unvaccinated residents to continue to wear masks in indoor settings and when they can’t socially distance. See the advisory HERE
Business Guidance and Grants:
- Micro-Enterprise Forgivable Loans available for eligible Westford businesses
Westford is pleased to announce a new partnership between five communities and TRI, The Resource, Inc., that will help support micro-businesses impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. For more information and to see if your business qualifies, click here. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Guidance for reopening your business
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
|Pet Food Initiative||Need animal food/supplies? Have food/supplies to donate? Animal Control is currently accepting donations. If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please call (978) 692-4574 or email email@example.com. A donation drop-off bin is currently outside the Westford Police Station door, in addition the Cameron Senior Center is accepting donations M-Th 8AM-1PM.|
|Public Schools||See the WPS website for latest information.|
|Household Hazardous Waste Collection||
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at this time non-members cannot utilize services at the Minuteman Household Hazardous Products Regional Facility in Lexington, MA to dispose hazardous household waste until further notice. For questions you may contact them at (781) 274-8334.
|Solid Waste Collection||Please ensure all personal hygiene products, used tissues, paper towel, sanitary wipes, face masks, gloves, and similar items are disposed of in plastic garbage bags. Garbage bags should be tied securely for disposal. If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick: all personal waste should be double bagged in plastic garbage bags. Securely tie all bags shut and dispose of as regular residential garbage.|
|To report fraud
||Contact the Office of Inspector General at 866-750-5721|
|Fire Department||No station tours.
Starting on 6/22 residential inspections will resume with the following requirements:
- Mon, Weds, Fri only from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Only 1 person can be in home at time of inspection
- Mouth and nose covering required
For more information relative to regulatory requirements, please visit www.westfordfire.com or contact Lt. Donald Parsons at (978) 399-20802
||The office is open. All permits and applications can be submitted online or at the office. For the office, call 978-692-5509 or go to https://www.westfordma.gov/215/Health-Department
|Police Department||The Westford Police Department has resumed normal operations. If you need the assistance of an officer or have a question, please call Public Safety Communications @ 978-399-2345. If you have an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.|
|Senior Center||Westford Food Pantry distribution hours: Wednesdays: 6-8PM and Fridays: 9-11AM and donations are accepted at these times.|
|Tax Collector||Payments can be made in person 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, or mailed to Tax Collector’s Office 55 Main Street, Westford, MA 01886, or dropped off in the drop box located at the back of town hall. Online payments can be made via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to receive a stamped receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope and we will mail it back to you. For more information , visit the town’s website www.westfordma.gov and find Tax Collector under Departments.|
|Town Clerk Office||Dog licensing and vital records (birth, death, marriage) are available online. Online payments may be made by credit card. Bulk item sticker locations are listed on this page.|
|Water Department||Customers may drop off payments using the mail slot inside the front lobby, but are encouraged to make payments online or through the mail. To contact the Water Department please use one of the following:
General Questions: 978-692-5529 or email@example.com;
Billing: 978-399-2451 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Account Payable at 978-399-2452 or email@example.com;
Water Quality: 978-399-2457 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Operations: 978-399-2456 or email@example.com.