The Westford Cemetery Department manages, maintains, and preserves Westford's six public cemeteries:
- Fairview Cemetery - at Main Street and Tadmuck Road
- Hillside Cemetery - at Depot Road and Nutting Road
- Old Pioneer Burying Ground - at Carlisle Road and Old Lowell Road
- Pine Grove Cemetery - at 68 Forge Village Road
- Westlawn Cemetery - at Concord Road and Country Road
- Wright Cemetery - on Groton Road (Route 40) near North Road
[Note: The other two cemeteries in Westford, St. Catherine of Alexandria Cemetery (on Pine Ridge Road) and the Russian Orthodox National Cemetery (also known as the Russian Brotherhood Cemetery, on Patten Road), as well as the "Keyes cemetery" or "Jonas crypt" (on Jonas Road) are privately owned and do not fall under the supervision of the Cemetery Department.]
The Cemetery Department works collaboratively with private funeral homes and directors, families, Westford's Veteran Services Officer Ryan Cobleigh (VSO), private contractors and vendors, volunteers, and researchers to coordinate burials, sell burial lots, cremation niches, and burial rights, organize cemetery events, and field queries on genealogical research.
The Cemetery Department provides preservation and support services for the above six cemeteries, including:
- Selling burial lots, rights, and cremation niches;
- Arranging for interments and disinterments;
- Preserving gravesites, markers, and columbarium niches;
- Landscaping the cemeteries (mowing, planting, pruning and removing trees and shrubbery, maintaining flower beds);
- Plowing roads and clearing paths;
- Repairing walls and structures on cemetery grounds;
- Assisting visitors and the general community related to funeral arrangements, visits to the cemetery and other questions and concerns;
- Organizing Memorial Day and Veterans Day observances and other special events.
Westford Cemetery Department personnel are committed to serving the community and visitors to our cemeteries. We are dedicated to maintaining and preserving our cemeteries and looking after the final resting places of our beloved departed citizens entrusted to our care. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Westford Cemetery Department office is located within Pine Grove Cemetery, 68 Forge Village Road, Westford.
|Richard "Dick" Nawoichik|
|Hours: Mon-Fri, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.|
Senior Administrative Assistant for Cemetery and Veterans Services
|Hours: Mon, Tue, and Thur 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|