Engineering Department Mission Statement:
The Engineering Department is committed to working with other departments to discover and identify infrastructure deficiencies that cause hardship, inconvenience or expense to the Town of Westford and its inhabitants, and will provide effective solutions that resolve or preclude those deficiencies.
NEW Stormwater Regulations Adopted on November 5, 2012 click here
Click on the image below to search the Engineering Department plans:
Now Available Online
Click on Image Below to View Westford CAT Production of Around Town - Town Engineers
Flagg Road, Forge VIllage Road & Main Street
Roadway Improvement Project
Click on Image below to view plans Click on image below to view specifications
KEYES BROOK CULVERT PROJECT
(ROUTE 40, GORTON ROAD)
Click on Image below to view plans
Click image below to follow link to Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Phase 2A Plans:
FINAL REPORT: UNACCEPTED ROADS COMMITTEE
(Click on Image below to view or download)
Click Image Below for:
SELECTMEN’S PUBLIC INFORMATION BULLETIN
IMPROVEMENTS TO ROADWAYS/BETTERMENTS
(Not including active subdivision projects.)
FST 2009 Pavement Management Presentation
(2.4M Please allow a few minutes to download) click here
About the Engineering Department
The Westford Engineering Department performs the following functions...
1. Reviews various projects submitted to the Planning Department and oversees the construction of many of these projects.
2. Provides engineering services to Departments and Committees in town including, but not limited to, the Planning Department, Highway Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Conservation Commission, Building Department, Town Clerk, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historical Commission, and Board of Health.
3. Provides support to residents, businesses, contractors, consultants, and realtors.
4. Stores, maintains, and updates public records, maps, and plans.
5. Assists in the procurement of professional services for the Engineering Department as well as other town departments.
6. Procures and manages numerous consultant services contracts and is responsible for reviewing, designing, bidding, overseeing, and inspecting of selected town construction contracts.
7. Implements and manages the NPDES Stormwater Phase II program.