Engineering Department Mission Statement:
The Engineering Department is committed to working with other departments to discover and identify infrastructure deficiencies that cause hardship, inconvenience or expense to the Town of Westford and its inhabitants, and will provide effective solutions that resolve or preclude those deficiencies.
Engineering Memo for 5-26-15 Selectmen Meeting
(Click Images Below)
Preliminary Conceptual Plan and Renderings for Main Street
Layout Plan for Concept "A"
Rendering "A" Rendering "B" Rendering "C"
Typical Sections Existing Image Project Documents
Proposed Oak Hill & Groton Road Intersection Improvement Conceptual Plan (Click Image Below)
As a part of the design process, the public is invited to stop by the Town Hall at 55 Main Street, 2nd floor, on Thursday, February 26, 2015 at any time between the hours of 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM to give their feedback and suggestions to town staff and the TEC, Inc. design team. This is meant to be an informal and interactive opportunity to gather local knowledge and a public perspective on this important intersection.
MINOT'S CORNER, Route 110 Littleton Road
Plans and Information Have Been Moved to:
Click on the image below to search the Engineering Department plans:
Now Available Online
Click on Image Below to View Westford CAT Production of Around Town - Town Engineers
Click image below to follow link to Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Phase 2A Plans:
FINAL REPORT: UNACCEPTED ROADS COMMITTEE
(Click on Image below to view or download)
Click Image Below for:
SELECTMEN’S PUBLIC INFORMATION BULLETIN
IMPROVEMENTS TO ROADWAYS/BETTERMENTS
(Not including active subdivision projects.)
Town Center Traffic & Parking Study
(Click on image below.)
About the Engineering Department
The Westford Engineering Department performs the following functions...
1. Reviews various projects submitted to the Planning Department and oversees the construction of many of these projects.
2. Provides engineering services to Departments and Committees in town including, but not limited to, the Planning Department, Highway Department, Police Department, Fire Department, Conservation Commission, Building Department, Town Clerk, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Historical Commission, and Board of Health.
3. Provides support to residents, businesses, contractors, consultants, and realtors.
4. Stores, maintains, and updates public records, maps, and plans.
5. Assists in the procurement of professional services for the Engineering Department as well as other town departments.
6. Procures and manages numerous consultant services contracts and is responsible for reviewing, designing, bidding, overseeing, and inspecting of selected town construction contracts.
7. Implements and manages the NPDES Stormwater Phase II program.